Counsellor / E- Therapist
M. Counselling, M.Sc Applied Psych
Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association (M1725)
English, Urdu, Hindi
Rabia has a Masters in Counselling and a Masters in Applied Psychology.
Using a person-centered counselling approach, she offers an individualized treatment approach to each client. She aims to understand a client’s experience from their perspective, enables them to reconnect with their inner values, and assists them towards a rich and meaningful life. She utilizes a range of evidence based therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) in her practice. Rabia offers counselling to individuals dealing with a wide range of issues from depression, anxiety, stress, bullying & social difficulties, self-esteem and emotional regulation difficulties. She currently works with adolescents, adults and families in her counselling practice.
In addition to private practice, Rabia has experience working with students in an international school in Hong Kong for over 7 years. She has been involved in all elements of academic and pastoral care of the students. She is dedicated in creating supportive, stimulating and inclusive environments for students that allow them to reach their fullest potential. She incorporates principles of positive psychology, mindfulness techniques and goal-setting skills to help students rise above their internal and external challenges and conquer their goals. Rabia is a certified ‘ACT for Adolescents’ therapist.
Rabia has provided expert eTherapy services, following strict confidential and ethical guidelines. She is a full member of Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association (HKPCA) and an International Member of Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
Languages Spoken: English, Urdu, Hindi
List of Rabia’s Professional Development:
- Certificate in ACT for Adolescents 2020, Psychwire, U.S.A.
- Certificate in Skills for Psychological Recovery (SPR) 2020, National Child Traumatic Stress Network, U.S.A.
- Certification in Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) 2017, English Schools Foundation, Hong Kong.
- FRIENDS for Life Facilitator, FRIENDS Resilience, 2018
- Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), 2015, Global English, U.K. Level 2 with Young Learners.
- Diploma in Developmental Psychology, 2002-03, University of Colorado at Boulder, U.S.A.